Friday, July 18, 2008

Updates

Abby finished swim lessons. She was advanced to the Pre-K level and may advance to level one when we go to swim lessons again starting next week. She went off the slide and diving board and loved it. Also she is potty training and doing great this time. I think it will stick.

Adam took the MCAT and is currently applying to a few md and do programs. Texas has a 'match' program so we may not find out if he is accepted until Feb. Also we purchased a used car for Adam to drive. It is the Hyundai Elantra that I blogged about earlier. It was a great deal and has worked out great.

Our little boy is getting bigger and much much more active. I went to the doctor today and he said everything is great. We are the right bigness. He was so wiggly that the doctor had to trap him to listen to his heart. Not comfortable for mom. Baby is good. Doctor said it is okay to keep working out. It is getting more difficult to run. I have added a full minute to my mile and with breaks my 'long run' is officially shorter than my 5k. I'm thinking about scaling down my milage a bit and doing more eliptical stuff. We'll see.

I am trying to prepare for this little boy to come in October while balancing Abby stuff. So far I have a lot of good luck at garage sales (thanks to Heather), and a lot of things donated (thanks Kelly), and a few things bought new at the stores. Abby is moving to a twin bed soon, probably will be part of her birthday. So all of these things and general bargain hunting have been consuming most of my energy.

6 comments:

S said...

I wonder if you bought my old Elantra. Be careful. It likes to trap 9 mo pregnant people inside. What color is it? What year is it?

Elizabeth said...

black, '02, and it is Adam's car not mine.

pappasan said...

Prepare for a little boy??? Can you really prepare for a little boy? I think you will do great with a little boy. Tis the little girl that may give you some fits. But in the sceem of things, it doesn't last that long. Way to go Abby!!!!!

Laura said...

wow! lot's going on! we are so proud of abby =), and we can't wait to see this little baby boy in the flesh =). Is there anything else you are looking for for the baby? I always like a good hunt =).

Elizabeth said...

I still need crib sheets, newborn socks, a mesh bag to wash the newborn socks in, and if I can find one cheap enough a recliner. I am going to make a diaper stacker next week. I am pretty good on newborn diapers and newborn onsies. When I get my dresser out of storage this week I will have a better idea of what clothes I still need. Maybe I will post a list.

Laura said...

thanks =)! Now we know what to keep an eye out for =).