Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Prayer

Since this month's Relief Society message is on prayer and since I had a good experience with prayer I thought that I would share it. Whenever Adam and I start to get stressed we lose our keys. When we were engaged and getting ready to be married we were both constantly searching for our keys. We each locked our keys in the car multiple times in the months leading up to our marriage. We each found our keys still in the door or in the refrigerator. It is a very frusterating manifestation of stress. Now that we are preparing to move we are experiencing this same level of 'key losing' stress. Adam lost his keys on Saturday. We searched all Saturday and found nothing. On Sunday Adam had to come back home after his early morning meeting to get me for church. We scoured the house on Sunday and still came up empty handed. After sincere and fervent prayer to Heavenly Father on Sunday night asking for his help to find the keys to Adam's car we searched again. Still nothing. I got up early on Monday and searched all morning. Nothing. I still had faith that we would find them. That afternoon I called Michaels Keys to see how much a replacement key would cost. $102.97 for just the key, another $95 for the remote. Yikes! Adam and I decided to continue to pray and excerise our faith in Heavenly Father. I loaded up the girls (Ivy and Sara were visiting) and turned the van on. I happened to glance in the side compartment on my door and there on top of everything were the keys! I was so grateful to Heavenly Father that we pulled over and said a prayer of thanks. I believe that Heavenly Father enabled us to find Adam's keys. I have had this similar experience over and over and over again. Heavenly Father is willing and able to help us if we will pray and exercise faith in him.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I have had answers to prayers so many times and do not know where I would be without these experiences. Thank Heaven for prayer =)!