Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A new Post


I realized today that I am reading everyone else's blogs but not posting any of my own.  Even though there is a lot to say. 
Josh has really started to talk a lot and is even more proficient at climbing and running and all things physical.  Except growing.  He is only an inch or two bigger than when we left Texas and is still fitting in his 12 month clothes from last summer just fine.  He eats well and drinks a ton.  "Thirsty" was one of his first words and is his most often used phrase. He has started calling me Mommy which is absolutely fantastic.  I spend most of my life chasing Josh and saving his life.

Abby is currently in Safety School of Parma and Tee-Ball.  She likes them both.  I'm not really sure she is learning a lot at Safety School but she likes it because they get to see animals and movies.  She likes Tee Ball even though she is not very good yet.  I need to buy her a bat and a tee so she can practice at home.  She is SUPER excited for swim lessons to start next week and I am trying to decide if we should buy a swim pass.  The pools here are not zero grade and the kiddy pools are too young for Abby.  Decisions, decisions.  Abby is starting to ask me addition problems and is sort of acting more interested in reading on her own.  Mostly she just colors.  A lot.  It's all over the place.  Don't light a match in my house because it is mostly paper...

Adam is at school.  If he's not at school he's at church. If he's not at church then he's helping someone move.  If he's not helping someone move he's giving a blessing.  If he's not giving a blessing then he might be playing with his kids or watching Lost. 

I have been focused on keeping Josh alive (this is more than a full time job), driving Abby everywhere and fun places in between, and trying to stay fit.  I decided to up my mileage to atleast a 10k.  I am up to 5 miles on my long run so far.  This next month I'm going for 6 miles.  It's been so nice to run outside and be outside and love outside.  I feel great and less tired and healthier.  This new baby girl is starting to move a lot and complains when I twist.  She's going to be a handful, I can just feel it.  I'm pretty scared to have a third kid.  

Laura and her four kids drove up from Indy.  It was so nice to see them and to have company at our house.  I love all of them so much and it is nice to see them whenever I can.  I tried to spoil them but I think that Grandma Stearns beat me to the punch.  That's okay though we all still had a good time.  Laura also brought me some essential baby gear and maternity clothes!  What a blessing!  We really needed these items and I am so relieved to have them and know that they are good quality.  We are planning on getting together again soon with the Laura and Kristy Haynie families.  I can hardly wait! 


1 comment:

ADAM BROWN said...

I am so glad you are such a dedicated mommy. I know its tough trying to keep Joshy from completing his death defying stunts and I know he will be grateful that you were successful. I am glad you work so hard to nurture our children and help them have fun! Love you!