Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ultimate Direction Strider Women's Hydration Pack

That's fancy for fanny pack.  For a few years now I have been running with a $5 walmart run of the mill fanny pack.  It would be fine except for some fairly major problems.   The biggest problem is that the interior of the pack has been degrading since I bought it, leaving little bits of black plastic all over everything including my water bottle.  For the most part a good blowing off seems to get rid of the offending plastic.  The other problem is jiggle.  It is VERY jiggly.  I've become accostomed to it, but still it is obnoxious.  The third and final point is fit.  It doesn't fit very well at all.  Especially with a pregnant belly. 
So after YEARS of searching and hemming and hawing I finally decided to buy a new fanny pack.  I researched the different types online and decided on this fancy name in heading pack.  I ordered my $5 swagbucks gift card and sat and waited.  And waited. and waited.  and watched as my favorite colors were all sold out.  And then finally today even though my Amazon gift card has STILL not been delivered despite all of the confirmations and stuff I broke down and bought one of the last two.  Grey and blue.  But who cares?  I am sooo excited to finally have a pack that will not require blowing and wiping off my water bottle.  Where I do not scare off wildlife and other runners alike with my obnoxious jiggling sound.  And most of all I am excited for something that is made for women and can potentially navigate my baby belly a little better.  Can't wait to get it next week!  Just in time for my first attempt at 6 miles since I was pregnant with Joshy...

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey, so excited for your new accessory!! lol.

Swagbucks gift cards are sent out on the 1st and 16th--pretty sure. So if you waited longer than that, you could contact them. But yay for swagbucks!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you really love it. I hope it fits better than my "unisex" one. If it does, I might splurge and buy myself a new one.