Saturday, September 25, 2010

Nipple Chafing


So there have been a few things that have made me think of this.  First, Andy getting chafed nipples on this episode of "The Office".  Then a series of products advertised on runnesworld.  Finally, a whole article dedicated to male nipple chafing. 

I asked a few of Adam's podiatry buddy's if they had ever had nipple chaffage and they said they had.  Until these recent events I thought it was just a funny thing people said.  Not an actual problem. 

Now I am totally obsessed with what kind of nipple chafes.  Mine don't, and I've never heard of it reference to women before.  Adam's don't.  What makes a nipple chafe?  Do they have to be very pointy?  Is size a factor?  What about man boob syndrome?  Does that contribute?  Is it really related to t-shirt texture as so many guys claim? 

 I've heard that not even bandaids help. There are creams and all sorts of products related to this, but really besides going topless, they are going to chafe.  Or so it seems. 

This has also led me to the age-old debate about why do men have nipples in the first place.  If you suffer frome excessive nipple bleeding/chafing is removing them an option?  Can doctors create a fake nipple that doesn't bleed or cause pain?  Would insurance cover it?  I would lobby for insurance coverage of nipple replacement for extreme nipple chafing.  The alternative it seems is actually seeing a lot of man nipple.  I don't enjoy it.  And now I will forever wonder if they chafe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bloody nipples picture is freakishly gross, but also seems a bit like poetic justice. Women have to put up with all kinds of disgusting, inconvenient, painful bodily processes, I think ALL men should have chafeable nipples. Serves 'em right for having them in the first place and then refusing to use them. I mean, really, how wasteful to grow the things and not really have a job for them, you don't see women doing that, now do you? Sawing their nipples off also sounds fun, but I don't think they should be allowed to have any sort of pain control. Am I sounding a bit vengeful?

Anonymous said...

Please write more posts like this one. It makes me laugh out loud when I read at 1:00am.

Anonymous said...

I'm a woman and my nipples chafe. If I don't wear a bra with some shirts they can rub the skin on my nipples raw. It does happen because of the texture of fabric. nipple chafeing is normally only with men because most of the time women have a layer between the textured fabric and the skinn on their nipples, a bra.