Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Here is a link to some newborn pictures of Joshua http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/hospitals/Baylor/babypage_view.asp?URLid=8526425487 . Here is a link to 2 week old pictures of Joshua and Abby http://smilestore.picturepeople.com/my/images?cg=207294587118602924 .

Joshua had his 2 week appointment last week. I decided that I don't like my pediatrician. In the hospital the pediatrician told me he was yellow and probably jaundice. I told him that I thought he was pink. He said that I should consider supplementing because Josh lost 1 oz too many in the hospital. I told him I had plenty of milk. He also gave me this long lecture about how efficiently run his office is. Well it turns out that Josh was way below the bilirubin limit, he gained a whole pound over his birth weight by two weeks and I waited over an hour in his office. He was unneccesarily rough with Joshua too. Poor little guy. This is same office saw Abby for her 3 y/o check up at the same time Josh had his 2 week check up. They check her cholesterol and told me it was high at 200. Then they wanted to give her a fasting cholesterol test. I asked what they would do if the fasting one turned out the be high. They said they would suggest dietary changes. Adam and I decided that this would be too invasive since we could just watch what Abby eats a little closer. Actually I have been watching what I normally feed her and I just don't think it needs to change. I just don't think that this is the emergency that they were making it out to be. Either way I am going to find a new pediatrician anyway.

Abby, after having regressed, is getting better. We are potty training AGAIN. But it is going much more smoothly this time. She is also getting better about sleeping through the night. Again. She still asks to nurse for which I have no good response. I feel like telling her that she is too old would just enhance the desire. Mostly I just try to change the subject. The biggest challenge I feel like I am facing with her right now is teaching her to be quiet and gentle around Joshua.

There's so much more to write about. Josh lost his cord when he was 13 days old. He had a rash. It's getting better. I think that Abby is allergic to Ranch, since her rash finally went away after not having ranch for a day or two. This is quite tragic since she loves ranch. I guess that will cut out some cholesterol anyway. Josh is crying and it's bed time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your picture people link didn't work. Sorry. Having little kids is so dramatic. It actually gets easier for a few years, then they become teenagers and the drama returns. I'm hoping it will all be worth it when the grandkids come.

Laura said...

biffy! Do you remember when I was pregnant with Em and we saw that dateline about moms who nursed their older children and that little girl - when asked what she liked about nursing - screwed up her face and smiled and said, "I like my mimi milk"?????? =) good times =).

Kevin is allergic to ranch dressing, but we get the Kraft Free kind now which has nothing he is allergic to in it, and he does fine. You might want to try that out first before you rule it out all together =).

I didn't see the picture people pictures, but Joshua is adorable =). And pediatricians can be so wierd sometimes - good luck with your next attempt!