Friday, October 23, 2009

Josh's Dr Appointment


Today I took Josh to his 1 year old visit.  He is our kid that always has something.  Abby was there because we were going to get her flu shot but then I decided against it.  But she was there.  Obnoxiously there.  Going to the doctors office is as bad if not worse that being on the phone with her.  "Mommy I need to talk to you!  Mommy I need to talk to you!  Mommy I LOVE YOU!"  Yes cute but not when she is drowning out any potentially important information from the practitioner.  So anyway I told the nurse that Josh still will not eat.  I am worried because he doesn't sleep well and he felt lighter to me and I think he is hungry.  If he were sleeping better and maintaining his weight or not acting so hungry I wouldn't be concerned.  But I was.  It just so happened that the np previously worked for the feeding disorder clinic.  She said that he definately needs to get in.  So we were wrapping up that lovely conversation about how he has sucked his little mouth into a weird shape and how obnoxious Abby is when he tripped over the nurse's chair and face planted it.  Again.  Yes blood all over the place.  Again.  3rd time in less than a week.  I swear this kid is trying to push me into a nervous breakdown.  I nearly cried  He screamed.  The nurse told me to breast feed him.  I think she didn't want to listen to him cry anymore.  His nose is very swollen.  He lost 1/2 lb this month.  That's really hard for me.  I like him chunky.  I'm ready for the help.  She also gave me a referral to see an allergist to make sure that he is not allergic to the food I am trying to feed him.  It was a helpful although distressful visit.  Atleast it was helpful.  It would have been cooler if nothing was wrong with him.  If his nose didn't meet the ground in such a horrible way and if he would just eat anything besides shoes and plastic.  I would be less grumpy.  

1 comment:

pappasan said...

Poor Joshy!!!! I hope this all helps, and gets him to start eating again. Maybe what you should do is put some strained peas on the shoes he eats.....Ok, maybe not....Send down to learn to eat from Chance and Connor, that would do the trick.