Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Josh's last day as an infant

Today is Josh's last day as an infant.  In true infant style I was up with him about 3 times last night.  On Saturday I got to take Josh to his very first ER visit.  He fell at Kohl's while I was trying on a dress and probably broke his nose.  With blood spurting everywhere I threw my clothes back on and after speaking with the Kohl's people about their bloody dress was off to find medical attention for Josh.  They did not do an X-Ray because the treatment is the same for a broken nose as it is for a bruised nose.  Unfortunately for Josh this is the time of year when we have the heater on and that stuff us up a little.  Normally this is no big deal and everyone can sleep through it BUT when your nose is swollen 2-3 times it's normal size, it IS a big deal.  Last night was actually the best night yet.  I figured out if I put a couple of drops of water up your nose then you can work out the boogers and sleep well.  This is ofcourse after some motrin to take some of the swelling down. 

Josh is an active little baby.  He has fallen since the Kohls accident and re-injured his nose.  It was just a minor set back.  His favorite hobbies include opening/emptying drawers, climbing ANYTHING even his tired mommy, the side of Abby's bed, the armoire, tables, chairs, desks, stairs.  His least favorite thing is getting DOWN from these places and eating food.  Or actually swallowing food.  Even if he likes the way it tastes and swishes it in his little mouth a few times if it is in danger of actually going down then everything must come up.  I am a pro at catching throw up now. Thanks Josh.  Something I never knew I wanted to be.  Overall he is a happy, VERY CUDDLY and sweet baby.  He is still learning to talk but has said "mama" "dada" and I swear he said "Jesus" at church on Sunday.  I am going to go and enjoy this last day on infancy with my baby.

No comments: