Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rainin'


Lately everything has been hard.  It seems hard.  Really hard.  There are so many other people going through harder things but that doesn't undermine my own situation.  It's still been hard.  And things aren't going my way or Adam's way or the kid's way and someone should be getting their way.  I'm starting to feel like we are doing someting wrong.  It shouldn't be this hard for this long.  Things should ease up.  Get easier or better. 
Today Adam waited in line to ask for a break on a ticket he got for registration being out of date.  It was during the time period when we were trying to get our cars registered but due to Ohio's insane laws it took us 3 weeks to get them registered.  It happened to be the most expensive ticket we've ever heard of for registration.  And we got it taken care of before his court date.  You would think we had a compelling case right?  Guess the city of Seven Hills needed some more money because instead of a break they increased the fine.  This was after waiting for 2 hours during finals.  And I couldn't go for him. 

This is only an example.  Only one thing.  It would be one thing if I felt right, but things just don't feel right.  Something needs to change. 
I can't stand the rain on my parade anymore.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I totally understand this. TRUST ME. These little rainy parades come in spurts, huh?? And it sure does feel gloomy when they do.

Let me know if you need someone to down some Ben & Jerry's with...I will gladly volunteer.... :)

Anonymous said...

Are you KIDDING me?? That is absolutely insane! Count me in on that Ben & Jerry's party! Seriously Elizabeth, send Josh my way so you can get a nap one of these days!

Anonymous said...

How about you and I meet at some little chocolate shop in Bora Bora, and after we self-medicate with lots of chocolate, we can spend the day on the beach doing NOTHING!