Monday, May 17, 2010

The Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon Event

This year since we decided to do the Rite Aid Cleveland 5k.  I ofcourse, could hardly sleep I was so excited.  I was awake in bed by 5:30 am just waiting for it to be late enough to get out of bed.  I finally rolled out at 6:20 and was a little early picking up the babysitter.  Adam on the other hand could have slept through the whole thing but he didn't. 
We lined up with just a few minutes to spare.  They said a bunch of stuff about MMRF (the charity that the race was supporting) that I couldn't really hear.  Then we were off!  Adam actually set the pace and kept us true.  It was a really fun race.  The last third of the race was really hard.  It was all uphill.  Steep uphill. I wanted to stop and walk a little but my sweetheart was so encouraging that I made it without stopping.  We beat my goal by 2 minutes.  I was quite happy.  There are no pictures because we were running, you know.

Abby's race started at 11.  Due to poor event set up/Indications that this was in fact the kid's race we were late.  Adam dropped us off just in time for Abby and I to run her up to the start line for her 4 year old race.   

I love this serious race face.   Notice the race apparel (Silver Racing Headband, Pink Dolphin shirt,  Stretchy flower power).  She was a little confused when they said "Ready, Set, Go!"  But she ran hard when she saw everyone else taking off. 

She avoided a huge collision of 5 other 4 year olds.  Very impressive.  At the end she got a medal.

They told each 4 year old that they won.  And they all believed it. 

Tired, Happy, and ready for lunch.
Daddy and Josh missed it all.  They came just in time for post race goodies.
We got a free goody bag and shirt for Josh due to our troubles.

He didn't care.  He just wanted to hold on to that Panda Bear.
After the race we headed over to the other venue and listend to Cleveland's Fine Arts High School's Drum line.  It hurt Abby's ears but the rest of us really enjoyed it.
We went to DQ afterward and the home to crash.  What a fun day!

3 comments:

Amber said...

How fun! I'm sad I missed it.

Anonymous said...

I need to run a few more 5k's. I wish I could afford to pay for all my kids to run them, too. It gets expensive at $20/head. Glad you had fun!

Rachel Holloway said...

Bummed I forgot! t was such a nice day! And Jenna would have loved it.

Sounds like a great time!