Thursday, August 19, 2010

Forgiving Myself

I haven't blogged for a long time because I got behind.  And then I thought I needed to catch up.  And then things piled up.  I have a lot of pictures from Indiana and DC and being home.  We've had a blast swimming at the middleburgh heights pool and going to various parks around here and just being at home.  We have struggled with teething and allergies and tempter tantrums and doctor's appointments and dentist appointments.  We have gotten up early and slept in.  There.  I think I covered it.  I can now move on.

Most of the blogs I've wanted to write have been much more essay opinionated blogs.  Some of them have been shareable and others that will remain in the recesses of my brain.  Today, however, I wanted to share a few recipe's that my family LOVES.

We love penne rustica  (http://excellenteats.blogspot.com/2010/02/penne-rustica.html) and orange chicken and chicken enchiladas .    As always we love stromboli.  I made up my own grilled cheese and ham recipe.  You butter both sides of a peice of toast  grill one side of both pieces of bread and put ham on skillet and let it brown.  Flip them over, lightly spread spicy mustard on one peice add pepper jack cheese to the other slice and cheddar to the other and ham inbetween.  Smoosh them together after the bread is browned and enjoy!  You may want to keep Tums on hand for afterward...and own a treadmill for later that night when the guilt stops by.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

blog when you can--write what you want--that's what is so great about life! :)

So happy you love Penne Rustica! We sure love it too!! :)