Tuesday, August 31, 2010

He's Got the Look


Today I took Josh to CVS with me.  I was buying 15 boxes of kleenex and a bottle of dawn.  Sounds pretty straight forward right?   Nope.  First I had to chase him from aisle to aisle and made some superficial attempts at replacing the zillions of items he dumped to the ground after pronouncing it "cute".  I tried to get him to help with the Kleenex's with NO success.  Finally I trapped him in the basket and managed to stave off the head first dives with my arm as I pushed my basket to the front.  It's always in the checkout lane where humiliation really intensifies.  The clerk and I figured out that I picked out 6 wrong boxes for the coupons I was using.  Since there was no one in the line I jetted back with Josh "the human tongue" wriggling in my arms to get the correct boxes.  Somehow with his super tongue abilities he slipped out of my arms and with that look in his eyes he ran away squealing like a pig on speed.  I trotted after him, spaceship belly in tow.  Luckliy, I thought, he was headed for the clerk.  As she finished up my order, I chased after the greased pig with onlookers galore.  I finally caught him and jailed him in the basket and tried to load my hoards of kleenex's with him.  How naive am I?  Every bag that passed his jailed domain was stripped and the kleenex boxes chucked to the floor.  Some angel came and asked how she could help me.  I asked her to load the cart while I restrained Josh.  She even pushed the cart out to my car!  She was really apprecaited today.  20 feet was all it was but it saved me more humiliation and sweet time. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a Theron on your hands. No, they don't really change with age, but you do get occaisional respite. He was really good yesterday standing in line for an hour and a half at the TWU bookstore. Of course now that he's older he's a little easier to entertain. I had him "shop" for me while I waited in the line. I would find something fairly close to the line and ask him to bring it to me so I could look at it, then put it back. I had him practice reading a little. He actually picked out a TWU UnderArmour shirt for me that was only $15! And when I showed him how to read the size he even brought the right one! I guess what I'm saying is that even when you've got an "active" kid on your hands, there is hope.

Teresa said...

How perfect...pic and title. Wow, he has changed so much in 9 mo. What a doll baby. I love all the pics!!! Love you guys and miss you!

Rachel Holloway said...

can I babysit on your next CVS trip? Am happy to...it sure does make it easier to shop WITHOUT kids!