Friday, August 27, 2010

I should...and my what a grouchy pregnant lady you are...

post about Abby's first day, but since I am not yet emotionally stable about the whole thing yet it will have to wait.  Don't worry about Abby though, she is doing great. 
Here I am in my last couple of months of pregnancy (supposedly) and I have already given up the drive to run.  Outside.  I haven't run for about two weeks now.  It feels like forever.  I take early morning walks much to the dismay of my husband and squeeze in atleast thirty minutes on the eliptical machines.  I thought atleast at the gym I would be free of comments.  I'm fairly good at ignoring the general population, smell included, of a gym.  But today some old guy came to the machine right next to me.  There were like 3 other available machines that he could have chosen that were not right next to me.  This was rule #1 that he broke.  Then he stared at me and began a conversation.  Rule #2 broken.  He then told me how great he thought it was that I was still going.  Like my heart and legs and brain are supposed to stop.  Like I am a terminaly ill patient.  Rule #3 broken.  He then decided to ask me how many other children I have and how far apart they are and my goodness how close they are!  His meandering sperm only managed to knock up 3 women in a space of 15 years!  How dare I in a committed relationship stumble upon 3 children in 5 years!  Well I certainly have my hands full and no wonder I am working out.  I really wanted to hurt this guy.  Really bad.  He broke every rule I have about going to the gym and being in public generally. I want a work out tech tee that boldly states "I HATE OLD MEN".

2 comments:

Alyssa Rock said...

And I thought teenagers were the only ones who seemed incapable of seeing how their words/actions affect the people they interact with. "Here let me--a total stranger--make judging comments about you right to your face. You won't mind, will you?" Seriously, what are people like that thinking? How do they expect you to respond to that? Talk about dense.

Anonymous said...

I'm not even pregnant and all of my parts are about to come to a screeching halt. Now. Right now.