Sunday, May 29, 2011

Race Day




We ran the Cleveland Rite Aid 5k again this year.  I ran the 5k with Courtney.  She kicked my butt.  She is a speedy devil.  I did not make my New Years Goal so I will try again later this year.  I still did better than last year though-  I averaged 9:20min/mile inspite of that all too common runner's ailment that causes you to have problems in the middle of a race and then again after the race.  Stories that are usually told to only other runners.  
Abby ran the kids race.  Josh made his first attempt.  They both got medals and 'presents' as they called them.   Abby actually ran, while Josh cried and had Adam carry him.  It was pretty cool because they held the race on the Brown's Stadium Field.  It was raining, or rather misting the whole time.  Just like always.  Sometimes I think that I must live in Washington.  
It was a great time and I am excited to run this race again.  And to race again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I only ran 9:20 miles in my race too. :) We should run together!