Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back Country of Austin

After the baby shower things did not slow down. Adam and I had a dinner date with our good friends, Ben and Stephanie Harvey. They were able to sell their house so it was a celebration of sorts. It was really fun and I hope we get to do it again.
After dinner Adam and I rushed home, packed, and headed for Austin to visit Larry and Teresa. They actually live outside of Austin in the country. They have a beautiful ranch that they built a nice house on. We got there at 2 am! What a day. Most of the time, it seems, we spent relaxing at the ranch. They have 2 dogs, Pete the pitbull and Darla the puppy. They have several cats. Abby's favorite was Bob, a yellow calico looking cat. It was really nice to go and be spoiled for a weekend. I helped with dishes once! Thank you so much Teresa, that was such a nice break! We went shopping in the historic area of a small town near where they lived and ate lunch on a river restaurant. Then we headed to the "Lake House", took a nap, watched football and had some dinner. By Sunday we were all pretty sacked so we went to church with Larry (Teresa was sick) and stayed at the house for the rest of the day. I have to say that one of my most favorite times was taking a Sunday evening walk around the ranch. I have some really gorgeous pictures that I will post later. It was fantastic weather and comfortable all around. On Monday we headed out to Austin to visit the capitol. Again we have pictures to post. It was really fun to go and see Texas's capitol. I think that daddy would like it a lot. Then we headed out for lunch at a very nice restaurant where we said our goodbye's to Larry, Teresa, and crew. It was a great visit.

No comments: