Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sarah Palin throws me for a loop

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about Sarah Palin. I've read a few biographies from different sources and heard parts of her speech at the Republican convention. I've heard A lot of bias commentary trying to interpret her and I've seen her on all the tabloids that are usually filled with starving actresses and their babies. I've seen compelling pictures of her dressed up beautifully and pictures of her in her sweats. I've seen her with her oldest son, who is in the armed forces, and her youngest son who still lays in her arms.
All this and so far nothing about her "tough" politics. How much will her inexperience benefit Washington? How much will it cost? Who will she try and fire for corruption? How will Congress respond to her? Will she be able to negotiate and get along well enough with 'Washington' to pass legislation? How will she affect foreign policy? Will she have enough international respect to be an effective leader? Will she have enough respect in Washington to be an effective leader? She's tough when she is speaking in front of a crowd, but how will she respond on a more personal level behind closed doors? I have a lot of questions. I guess I need to search it out more. In the meantime I'm kind of thrown out there. I just don't know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's in the line for VP, she can smile for the camera and look pretty, there you've got it. Now if she were running for pres, then your questions would be relevent...

Anonymous said...

Sumo girl--don't forget that she is "one heart beat" away from being president, and McCain is no spring chicken! I love this election, it is really fun and exciting. I think McCain made a brilliant choice for a running-mate. She is giving the GOP a fighting chance! Either way we make dramatic history. Either way we are still messed up. I intend to enjoy the ride.

Laura said...

biffy - I felt the same way about Sarah, but truly if you compare her and Barack? She's already more qualified than him - and she's not even running for President lol. I think I would like a strong presidential candidate with a strong VP who might have to get a little caught up, than a strong VP with a Presidential candidate who has to get a little caught up. I could go on. I watched both conventions and was so impressed with
Sarah's speech that my worries that I had similar to yours, disappeared. This woman is amazing! I agree queen mum - the republicans might have a chance now lol.

pappasan said...

I think no matter who wins, our Country got so screwed up because of Bush, it will take more than either of the Candidates to fix. A couple of things to think of, We need a change in our Political stands. Not sure if McCain can change that far from who is in there now. Barack says he can change it, but the lack of experience is against him. No matter how we look at it, to even come close to rectfying the Bush administration, we will still have to suffer the next 4 years. Whoever gets in, will have to deal with what happens in this Administrations stay. It will take at least 4 years before their changes will happen.