Thursday, September 18, 2008

HE'S HUGE

Today I went in for a routine ultrasound and first weekly check-up at the doctors office. Abby and I went to the ultrasound and saw baby brother, or batman. He is head down (yay!). Apparently he is also quite hairy. I got a couple of cute pictures of him. His stomach is literally as big as his head. Literally. Which is why they think that at 36 weeks he is already 6lb 15 oz. My friend Heather had the same doctor. He estimated that her baby was 1 1/2 lbs smaller than what he actually ended up being. Dr Wai said that if I go full term that I would have an 8+ baby. I don't think I can get that out without surgical intervention. So ofcourse he brought up inducing. I am very scared to have a big baby. I am also very scared to have pitocin again. My simple request here is that you all start praying that I'll have my baby. Like next week. Next week would be good. I am truly terrified of giving birth again.

2 comments:

Queen Mum said...

Oh, baby! Hang in there until Grandma gets home. You are not ready to have the baby yet; you have to be willing to do anything, including labor. Your sisters have had bigger babies than that and did ok. You will be fine.

Laura said...

Oh I certainly understand the fear. Have you had a blessing? I know that helped me a lot!