Monday, July 19, 2010

Another Running Entry? Really?

Yep, really.  Anyway  I am definitely to the point in pregnancy where there are good days and bad days.  Just a week ago I took a leisurely 4.5 mile run.  It felt really great and I thought I could do it hours before going into labor.  Then there are days when I look at the floor from my bed and just will my body to move.  And nothing in the way of movement occurs. 
Today I accidently slept in.  We are dog sitting a beautiful mutt who loves to bark at the most inopportune moments.  Like right before I am getting ready to get my stuff on to go running.  She barked and barked and woke up Josh so instead of stealthily (ha ha like I could do that when I'm not pregnant nontheless toting around St Nick's stomach) slipping out the door I layed in bed and cuddled my baby.  And slept until 8.  instead of 6.  The big deal here is the temperature.  Ohio is by no means hot but since my core temp runs a little hotter now, plus the exertion of said St Nick Belly, I can't make myself run in temps above 75.  Plus my ob/gyn said not to.  It was only 2 degrees more than that when I finally headed out.  77 should be no biggy for a Texas native but today it stopped me in my tracks.  with a dog desperately trying to pull me forward.  I made it all of 1/3 mile.  And then headed home.  Too hot. 
I read Kristin Armstrong's latest post and wished for non-pregnant days.  Days when I am not sharing my body in one way or another.  Alone.  Where the only one who depends on my body is me.  Even just for a few hours, just me. I know that this will happen one day.  It just is a lot of days, months, and even years away.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Biffy! Don't be in such a hurry to give up your childbearing years. It's definitely a bitter-sweet thing, and it's still no easier to lug your sorry butt out of bed. So enjoy your huge belly and the knowlege that your body CAN support the two of you and that soon you'll have a sweet baby girl to dote on and enjoy!