Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yo-Yo

I'm up and then I'm down.  It's true for several facets of my life.  It seems like I should be about ready to get out of this phase I assocaite with the first year of a baby's life.  The actuality of being able to leave for short periods of time to workout, and then they get sick/have a growth spurt/are going to do something cute you don't want to miss and so you don't leave them.  And then they get better, plateau, accomplish their task and off you go.

Then there's hormones.  You make estrogen and then you don't and then the baby starts to wean and then they don't.  And sleep.  You don't and then you do and then you don't.  And then you don't.  I go through spurts where doing housework is relieving and a good way to wind down, or get a sense of accomplishment.   And then the other times where it is so mundane and repetitive that I just don't care.

I'm ready to move into that stabilizing phase.  Where our routine lasts for more than a few unstable weeks.  I know that craving this during Christmas season is going to require added measure of patience.  But I'm ready.  I'm ready when it comes. 

No comments: