Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yesterday, things that I would find helpful as long as I don't forget...

Yesterday I wrote a blog but it was unable to be saved because my server couldn't contact blogger. Grrrrr and it was all lost. So here it is, the second less passionate things I need to remember.

Using soap scum remover on my razor makes it sharper and last longer

Drinking water before eating sweets helps me eat less, true for meals as well

Eating a piece of fruit, drinking water and waiting 15 minutes helps take cravings away

Do not, I repeat, do not eat a snickers or any other candy as a reward for working out. You will NOT lose weight.

Walmart price matches with most other stores. Also if you want to get less than or an odd amount of a x/$x then price compare at Walmart. They do not care if you buy the allotted number. However, they do not give you the bogo deals or get anything free or a % off.

Coupons really do save money. Especially if they double or triple, something Walmart does not do. But Albertsons and Krogers do.

I lose more weight by weight lifting than I do running. And weight lifting is easier to do when you are tired. So split my time postpartum with more weight training and less running. Until I am less jiggly because running is just more fun.

If you have good shampoo and conditioner you really don't have to condition everyday. Also a smaller bottle lasts longer than a bigger cheaper bottle.

Sometimes Garage Sales are awesome. Sometimes they are not. But they are always fun when you go with a friend.

4 comments:

pappasan said...

At one it was written that the best diet in the world, to eat less was to drink a glass of water before you ate. I had read and heard this on the radio back in either the 70's or 80's. I don't think it caught on because no big advertising agency gave it the buzz words to work, and no one was making money off of it.
Did you also know, if you drink a sugar'd drink while working out, it will make you thirstier?

matt said...

If you have Walmart price match be prepared to hold up the line behind you for a manager to come and fiddle with the register for a few minutes.

S said...

Only go to Walmart to price match after you've worked out and before you've changed or showered! Heh heh, that'll get them to go faster! I usually go just after my workout because Wally's is just across the street. I find that I am about as dressed up as 85% of the people who go to Walmart anyway. Why not blend in and add to my Walmart experience? My pregnancy workouts don't get me very sweaty though. I just glisten, like mom.
Mmmm... Snickers sounds gooooooooood right now. If you're not gonna eat yours... You could send it to me.

pappasan said...

S, I don't think that would would matter. Most of us are clean enough, that when we do work out, it isn't days worth of stink. There are a lot of people who go to WallyWorld that smell worse than any of us, even if we did just finish working out.