Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Abby's Birthday

Abby's birthday wiped me out. And her. I would love to go on strike and not do anything for a month. But tomorrow is Adam's birthday. And we have swim lessons. and and and. the list goes on.

It started early in the morning when Abby woke up. We gave her two presents, a princess Barbie (Erika) and a Cinderella Bath Barbie that changes colors in the water. Then Daddy and Mommy took her to the donut shop to eat breakfast before Daddy went to work. After that we ran a few errands before swim lessons started. We went to swim lessons and then ran a few more errands.

When we got home Abby got to sit down and watch tv while eating ravioli and peaches. Then she played with her Barbies for a while. Next Abby and mommy went swimming. The Steers Herd minus Ben came and took over while I went and decorated the cake and picked up the pizza. We ate pizza at the pool and got home in time to meet Mimi and Granddad.

We all sang "Happy Birthday" to Abby and she blew out the candles on her princess cake. We all ate cake and ice cream. Then we opened presents. She got books from her uncles on Adam's side and a princess bike and helmet from Mimi and Granddad. Sara and Ivy gave Abby her most favorite presents of Barbie's and Barbie accessories. Far too much to list here. Grandpa and Grandma got Abby a nice card and as she squeeled "MONEY!!!".

After everyone left Abby went upstairs and played with her Barbies quietly while Adam and I put up her new curtains, pillows, and sheet set. I made the curtains and 9 pillows and we bought the sheet set. Then we corralled her into bed. She was exhausted and barely made it through scriptures and prayer. She had a good time.

I can't believe she is three. I am so glad that she is mine and that she is not ready to leave yet. It was so fun to spend her third birthday with her.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Abby!!!! You are three!!! We are so excited for you!!! I hope you love playing with your Barbies, and your new pillows and curtains and sheets =). I bet it is beautiful! =) Happy Belated birthday to our adorable Abby! =)

pappasan said...

Happy Belated Birthday Abby!!!!! I wish I could have been there with you. After your party, your aunt and cousins came up to visit me in the hospital. You will have to show me all your presents after I get out of here.

S said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Abby! So, where are you going to make mommy think you're leaving?