Monday, October 20, 2008

Everything will be better tomorrow...

Ahem. Anyway it might be. Yesterday I was a complete and total wreck. Needless to say for those who were around. I slept horribly last night. But I feel a little better today. I don't know why. I just got back from my dr appointment. He said nothing had changed. This news is especially disheartening because I have been in pain and having contractions, although they are irregular. This news was heralded with the fact that since last Tuesday I have grown 2cm more. I can feel the strain on my body of this child just gestating and getting bigger and bigger. So the pains that I have been experiencing were not labor pains, simply growing pains. Now I just hope that he is not too big.
On the brighter side I will go in tonight to try some tablets to get things going. If that does not work then he will break my water. Ultimately I suppose we will do pitocin and if all else fails at some point they will cut me open and pry the little darling out. I may die first. For the first time Dr Wai, although he says it will be 'excruciatingly painful' seemed supportive of not getting an epidural. So wish me luck for tomorrow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IVY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass. I empathize with your misery, but I also know it will end soon. Hang in there! We all look forward to seeing baby Batman soon.

Katherine said...

Good luck, Elizabeth! (I've been checking frequently to see if the baby has arrived yet... :) Wish you all the best. can't wait to see your little guy! ^_^