Thursday, October 2, 2008

Names are Never a Sure Thing

Anyway for a lengthier discussion you can check out Adam's blog. The name that he did come up with that I still really like is Joshua Kelsey. I even already wrote it on the blanket. So that will most likely be his given name. Ofcourse we will call him Batman. Continue to post your predictions on my website. If you are right I will send you some batman themed bag of candy (it is Halloween time I should be able to find something...) Thank you to everyone who has predicted so far. No one has predicted my actual due date/induction date.

I was originally scheduled to be induced on the 13th but changed it to my due date of October 16th for a few reasons. I want those extra couple of days. It would kill me to know that if I had just held out a day or two more that I could go on my own. I just feel like I owe myself to go until then. It works out better for Adam too. This way he will be done with Cancer Conference and won't have to worry about how it goes. The only time he left on a Wednesday it was not good. So this way he will have a day or two back at work before he has to do the Cancer Conference again. Also I am nervous about being induced in general. Even though we have scheduled it for the 16th I might push it back again. I'll just have to wait until next week to see how I feel.
I know that I am facing a big baby. But the last time I had pitocin and an epidural it was no good. I never want to do that to my body again. I hope to at least avoid the epidural. I am going to ask for something else first. I decided my first line of defense will be Tylenol. That's what I usually take when I have migraine. I am too much of a wimp to take much more than that. I have a greater fear of pain medications than pain. If I think that I am going to cry with a migraine then I will take Aleve. So after Tylenol I will try the IV drugs. I guess if I am still in labor and the IV drugs don't work then I will as a last resort go for the epidural.

The other thing deterring me from an epidural is my previous experience with Pinnacle Anesthesiologists. This is the name of the group that is contracted with the hospital I will deliver at. When I had the D and C a year ago they billed me 6 weeks after I had the surgery. The letter said the amount due and a due date of 30 days later. 1 week later I received another bill stating that I was past due. Less than 1 week after that I received a bill stating that I was in danger of going to collections. It had not even been 9 weeks since my surgery nor 3 weeks since my original letter nor had the original due date passed. But I was in danger of going to collections. When I called the billing office they said that they had no control over the situation and that the best thing for me to do in order to avoid going to collections was to pay the bill in full. They could not alter their computer to reflect the original due date that was stated in my first letter. They could not alter their computer to put my account in good standing. They also said they could not alter their computers to not make months equal to weeks. They also could not work out a payment plan that would put my account in good standing with them. Grr so thinking about dealing with them again will hopefully help my resolve to not have an epidural.

3 comments:

pappasan said...

Having been with Sumo through 3 births, I don't blame you for being a wimp. It amazes me how she was able to do Natural Child Birth. You have an amazing sister and I don't think you are too far from being the same way.

I also like the name the two of you came up with. I have to admit, when I read Adam's Blog, I didn't tell anyone, because I really didn't give it much thought and forgot the name. I do not blame him for being excited though, I was so excited when I found out we were expecting Sara. Sumo got mad at me, my excitement lead me to blab it while I was giving a talk and bearing my testimony. It is a guy thing I guess.

By the way, I am sticking with my prediction. I don't think you will be induced. I know, from Sumo, that being induced is a very miserable way to go.

Laura said...

hang in there, and good luck with the name thing =)

S said...

Mmm.... Epidural... It makes my feet fly away. Bye-bye feet!