Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Exercising

Since Josh was six weeks old I have managed to work out about 3 times a week. I have felt frusterated by how slowly I was having to go. I really lost a lot of core strength with Josh. I have virtually no stomach muscles. This makes me weak in every other way as well. So I run slow and weight lifting is light. I felt really frusterated by this last Friday and decided to switch things up. Instead of doing a straight running cardio work out I decided to try the bike for 25 minutes and then run a ten minute mile. I haven't run a ten minute mile in a long time. But I thought it was a reasonable goal. So I did it. It was a bad bad bad choice. The next day I figured out what they mean when they say that you will KNOW if you have over done it. I over did it big time and am still paying for it. The pain is getting better but I don't think that I will do that again. I took a break from the gym today to give my body a little more recovery time but I plan on hitting the gym again later this week. I have decided to run in the Cowtown but am still uncertain about the Jiggle Jog at the first of the year ( http://www.jigglebuttrun.com/ ). It benefits the women's shelter and costs only 15 dollars. Still not sure though. I'll have to wait and see how later this week goes. I still haven't lost anymore weight since Josh was 2 weeks old. That is frusterating but I'm not focusing on that. I'm trying to focus only on fitness goals right now and regain function instead of sizes or numbers. It is just more satisfying to do it that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be patient little sister. You can walk the jiggle jog. I will wait for you at the finish. Remember slow and steady wins the race. BTW when is the jiggle jog?

Elizabeth said...

the Jiggle Butt Run is on January 3.