Monday, December 29, 2008

A few weeks ago

A couple of weeks ago Abby, Josh, Theron, Becca and I all went to the IMAX and saw the Polar Express. It was pretty cool. It was Abby's first time seeing it at all and she got really into it. She jumped and held my hand really tight. Josh slept through most of it but when he was awake he batted at the screen. Then we went to McDonald's and shortened our lives by a few days at least.

Lately Abby has started two things. The first thing is saying "no I amn't." It's pretty cute. The other thing I have yet to decide. She has started telling me that she is going to marry a little boy in our ward. She tells me that he is a prince and that she is a princess. He is going to take her to the temple she says. Then she bashfully says she likes him, then takes it back, then says she likes him again. I usually talk to her about the things she should look for in a husband and things she has to do before she gets married. It's cute but disturbing as well. So far I found that this is a truly authentic thing she has come up with. No one that I know of has planted this in her brain, and trust me I have been asking.

In a few days I will be posting my new year's resolutions and an accounting of how I did on last year's new year resolutions. I think that this year I will make a template for all of those attending my New Years party to make resolutions. Instead of coming up with three things on their own I will have a sentence like "For one week this year I will..." or "One new thing I will try this year is..." I will do this unless enough people blog on here that they don't want me too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should let those making resolutions come up with their own ideas. However, you have some worthy suggestions. Maybe you could make a sample, or a list of suggested beginnings.