Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lots of stuff

Lots of stuff has happened to us in the last week and a half since I last posted. We got sick which prompted a doctor's visit. Abby was up for 2 nights in a row coughing and coughing and coughing. Then she would cough until she barfed. Which is gross. So I finally took her to the doctor for her nagging cough that she has had on and off for the last year. I was fairly certain the doctor was going to say "Gee, that's too bad. Go home". Luckily Abby was coughing and hacking and carrying on for the doctor. Turned out to be asthma. Learned that it is not cool to give Albuterol at 4:30 am unless you plan on staying up. Got another cold. All of us. Gave Abby Advil at 4:30 am. Learned that she will barf that up too if you don't give her something to eat with it.
Learned that I cannot keep up with laundry on weeks like these.
Learned that when an insurance agent says "tomorrow" it actually means "in a week". Translate this conversation. "The total loss insurance adjuster will call you tomorrow. In another day or two after that he will issue you a check and you will have to give up the rental car. So you should probably purchase a car this weekend." So if I buy a car this weekend I will own it and have a rental for about three weeks right? I think I will wait until I hear that the check is in the mail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a rotten week. If I could I would come take you out for chocolate.

Queen Mum said...

I think you should wait until you have the check in hand. "The check is in the mail" is an old way of stalling. If it doesn't arrive when you think it should, "it must be the post office's fault". THEN they mail it.

kristy said...

How frustrating! I'm right there with you in the laundry. Just when I think I'm caught up, someone pukes or wets the bed.