Thursday, March 19, 2009

Looking Forward

I am looking forward to summer. I know it sounds crazy here in Texas to look forward to summer. I am already loving the weather. It is usually in the 70's. I think that this season is one of my favorites because it is so comfortable to be outside. However, I am very much looking forward to getting into the swimming pool. I am also looking forward to bbq's and boating and spending time with family. Camping. All of the fun things you get to do during the summer.

One of my new year's goals is to run a 10k. I thought I would fulfill this goal at the Fort Worth Zoo Run this year but I am rethinking this plan. Physically I feel up to the challenge but finding a whole hour away from Josh on a regular basis is hard to do. Even if I could manage it I would feel terribly guilty. So I will run the 5k. I think it will be a good opportunity to improve on my last two races.

Things seem to be looking up for us. Atleast not more down. We have resolved some of the more immediate conflicts facing us and now it is simply time to put them behind us and move forward. My new camera will arrive tomorrow. The new stereo for the van (one of the young men broke it while Adam was driving him to a special LDS prom in North Dallas) will be here sometime next week. U-haul admitted their mistake and made up for it (they said that they didn't recieve a pmt but our bank statement showed differently). So now we move forward.

I am getting really excited for General Conference. For some reason General Conference feels very fresh to me in the spring. Maybe it is because I associate it with Spring Cleaning and planting flowers. Anyway I feel very excited for it to come. I just have a feeling that it will be big for me this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to GC, too. More than usual. Not, however, looking forward to summertime heat. I am looking forward to the end of a semester and a bit of a break. Oh, and boating.

ADAM BROWN said...

I'm ready for a break too!