Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update and condensed San Antonio

It has been sometime since I last blogged about what is going on with us. Josh turns expertly from side to side. Last week Josh really started babbling a lot and has started to manipulate objects more. Abby is doing well on her Flovent to control her Asthma. She finished some gymnastics classes as well. We have started practicing writing her name together and I just got her a preschool work book. I think that we made a new class at the rec center this block. She has been acting bored at home.
The van situation has also developed. After several weeks of searching things seemed to come to a head. I found a 2003 Toyota Sienna and Adam found a 2003 Honda Odyssey. After test driving both we decided on the Honda. This was for a couple of reasons. We felt that we would like the extra space in the trunk area that the Honda offered plus it was fully loaded and at a small dealership where we would have more luck haggling. The Toyota was at CarMax and was a basic model. Both were listed at about the same price. We went to the dealership at Honda and talked the guy down a few thousand dollars and then bought it. I must admit that after this last trip to San Antonio I enjoyed the extra's. Abby stayed focused on the DVD player instead of screaming and crying and we felt safer using the TCS. Also I didn't have to listen to the DVD, I listened to Artemis Fowl up front. Abby had head phones.
Condensed San Antonio.
We went to Sea World which was mostly awesome. Our camera is lost/stolen and the customer service was awful. My favorite part was feeding the dolphins.
We went to San Juan and San Jose missions. It was some really cool history. We saw mill.
We went to the Alamo when it was cold and rainy but still cool to go and see Davy Crockett stuff. Adam is related to Davy Crockett through his mommy.
We went to the river walk a lot. It was way fun. But we want our camera back.

1 comment:

S said...

Yay! you got a new van! I would have picked the Honda, too. I've never been to San Antonio. Maybe someday but I'd rather go to Hawaii since it would cost about the same.