Monday, February 22, 2010

Yummy recipes I made last week...

I made a few really yummy recipes last week. I just wanted to share.  I made this Italian Supreme Calzone and I used her pizza crust.  It was sooooooooo yummy.  Since Adam didn't get to eat it with us for dinner  I am going to make it again this week.  That good.  I made this super yummy Chicken Cordon Bleu.  I used chicken stock instead of wine fyi. 

I made these and other yummy dinners.  My husband, bless his heart, still managed to spit one out on his dinner plate in the middle of dinner because he thought he had a bone in the shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast...Atleast I didn't find it in the microwave later that night...And to his credit he did finish eating it. Not the 'boney' part though.  No bone or hard part was found in the inspected partly masticated food that he had to spit out.  Yes I said husband and not son. *I did not post the recipe that he spit out*.

I know, I know you are thinking I am so patient to continue cooking for my family after this and other occurences.  I know he is so lucky to have a wife that cooks for him and tries hard to save him money and make a tasty atleast edible dinner.  All this while answering the phone, perfoming wonderous acts of motherhood like catching a falling toddler, turning the TV/computer to a less than blaring volume, responding to the shrieks of "MOOOOOOMMMMM Joshy STINKS get him AWAY FROM ME!!!" or "MOOOOOOOMMMMM I PEEEEED IN MY ROOM! COME CLEAN IT UP!" or "WAAAA WAAA WAAA" (interpeted "Mooommmm Abby took all my toys away and put them where I can't reach them just to watch me cry!").  Yes, yes I know there is so much more to what we mommy's do.  No wonder I consistently forget an ingredient.  Sometimes, sometimes I get hard on myself for "not being able to follow a recipe".  But then I remember that I am not just following a recipe.  I am following a recipe, a toddler, a preschooler, and a husband plus whatever the phone is ringing about.  All this while trying to keep the house from exploding. 
And oh yeah, there is a timeline, or rather a deadline.  At my house if dinner is served later than 6:30 something inexplicably bad happens.  Everything, EVERYTHING takes atleast an hour and a half LONGER than it should.  The kids can't go to sleep but they're tired, which means they get destructive.   It is a truly horrid way to spend my evening and I don't think they are too fond of it either.  I guess what I am trying to say is I am a good cook.  And I know really yummy recipes.  But they aren't always perfect.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

So many yummy things to try, so little time, huh?!?!

I would love to know what the bomb recipe was... :)

And yes, you ARE a great cook...make sure you take credit, even if a dish isn't perfect. Sometimes tweaking things just right is hard.

And in our house, if we don't eat at 5 p.m. all heck breaks loose! :)

Anonymous said...

My family is lucky to get dinner. Some nights are "make your own" nights. Oh, and I'll stop calling you so much...

Elizabeth said...

Sumo- I don't remember the last time you called me...it's mostly collect calls for people who don't live here and certain incarcerated family members.
Rachel-I actually liked the bomb recipe. It was benchiladas from annie's eats.