Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Running in The Rain



It has been nothing short of wet here in Ohio.  While my home in Texas is experiencing a drought and wild fires I am fighting off a moldy and damp basement, a swamp like backyard and rain.  Lots of rain.

If I wait for a dry day then I will never get to run outside.  So here I am braving a sometimes chilly often muddy run.  At first it was weird and the girl inside me was scream "ick" and "my hair will be ruined!" everytime a drop of rain or splatter of mud graced my presence.  But over the last month I have come to love a good sweaty run in the rain.

Today I ran a hilly course.  It was muddy too.  Very muddy.  I was so glad for the cloud cover and the few blessed drops of rain that aided my tomato red sweaty face.  I kicked mud up my legs and even slid a little down the hill.  Totally satisfying.  Nothing like a little dirt to prove that you worked hard and had a good time all in the same moment.  

No comments: