Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring


Now that it is spring our basement isn't nearly as cold.  Still cold but not as cold.  I am now more willing to come down here and pluck out a few things.  The last couple of months have brought changes.

Josh is talking a lot and expressing his opinions.  A lot. He asks "Mommy holdge me" or "daddy holdge me".  He says "No mommy" and "Sit mommy".  So cute!  But also naughty.  Just like Abby he has me running around like a crazy woman.  Unlike Abby he is aggressive to other kids.  We are working with that.  In part I think it is because he seems to always be tired.

He does not sleep well.  There is a recently ray of hope.  A kind angel in our ward gave us a new pillow top twin bed for Josh.  He has slept a lot better the last few nights.  I feel more confident asking him to go to sleep on his own.  I am starting to feel optimistic that his sleep will improve.

Abby is just getting older.  I think she is almost thirteen.  Or so she acts.  She likes Justin Beiber, I think, because everyone else seems too.  She is quickly learning to read and I am cherishing her notes that become more and more proficient everyday.  Someday soon she will look at these notes and see her 'creative' spelling.  I love it.  I love her eagerness to learn.  It makes up for the annoying things she does-which are many.

She adores Isabelle and wants to be involved as much as possible.  She has started to clean really well.  Probably annoyed at my post-baby house cleaning.  Either way it is nice to see her take pride in her room and our home.

Isabelle has done so much.  Learning to belly laugh and roll over.  She is working very hard at sitting up.  She goes a little longer everyday.  Soon I will be able to just sit her down.  She is eating solid foods very well.  She actually eats and even enjoys baby oatmeal with juice- pear is her favorite.  She is perfect in every way.  I am so lucky to have such a good natured baby.

I have been running more.  I finished my first quilt with a lot of help and am working on my second quilt, with a lot of help.  I am now Abby's soccer coach.  That is interesting.  I have great hope.  Mostly my days are full of mothering.

Adam goes to school and church.  In his spare time he plays with the kids.  

No comments: