Friday, January 16, 2009

First Piano Lesson


I taught my very first ever piano lesson yesterday. I loved it! It was very exciting to me to remember playing the piano for the first time and going to my first piano lesson. I was very excited. I wanted to play the piano just like my father. I always loved dancing to the ragtime he would play and was desperate to be able to play ragtime just like him. I remember bargaining with the Lord that if he would just make it possible for me to have piano lessons that I would never turn down a music calling. Sure enough a lady across the street moved in and knew how to play the piano. Her name was Diana Dyer. She was part of our ward and in a few weeks I was taking piano lessons. Happily. True to my word I have never refused a music calling. And I still love playing the piano. Yesterday I got to watch this child play the piano for the first time and I loved it. I hope that she loves it too.

3 comments:

S said...

Yeah Piano. Good job teaching it.

Unknown said...

Way to go!How fun to be able to teach.

kristy said...

Glad it went well!