Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Little Girl



When Josh was born Abby aged a lot. Immediately I felt like she was older and could do older things. In the last few months my relationship with her has changed drastically. Things I had never really done before were happening. I was losing patience at an alarming rate. I've praying for help but this week I prayed for patience. On Monday night when I was putting Abby down I started to remember her as a baby. I remembered how sweet she was at 1 and 2. Somehow remembering her this way made her seem like a little girl again. And somehow this has helped me to feel more patient with her.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling now of your sweet little one growing up. Crazy how that happens.

Queen Mum said...

Maybe you have been expecting a little too much a little too fast and that is why she is acting out.

S said...

Abby looks a lot like how I remember you as a little girl. She even has the same expressions.

Anonymous said...

Abby is very sweet and very polite. It's hard to see the good things sometimes when you're the mom and they feel comfortable showing you their worst. Whe she was over here this afternoon for a few minutes she was very sweet and very polite with Grandma Shirley. She even told Shirley that she liked her outfit (she was in pj's and a robe).

pappasan said...

One thing to remember, no matter how much you have told her and taught her, she is still only 3 yrs old. Alot has happened in her young life, including not as much attention from Mommy. I think you have done great with her, like Sumo said, she is very polite and curtious towards others. Well, maybe not all, Theron. But even still you and Adam have done very well with her.

pappasan said...

I should point out, Theron and Abby, for the most part, get along great.

Alyssa Rock said...

Hey, thanks for responding to the request for more pics! Way cute kids!