Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Last year I resolved to:
  1. Sweep the floor everyday: Ha ha this one pretty much died in my third trimester with Josh. Grandpa got a nifty new machine to sweep with so maybe the floors will be swept a little more often
  2. Try atleast one new food every month. I did well with this one until Josh was born, then I lost track. It was fun to try a new food every month.
  3. Read a book written by a member of the First presidency. Well I had really good intentions. If I can count the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet then I am good otherwise I did not do this.
  4. Run a race. I ran three races and walked one last year. I ran the Cowtown (10k) the Fort Worth Zoo Fun Run (5k) the Mayfest Run (5k) and walked the Kidney Walk (5k).
  5. Learn or go to 4 new things or places. I did this one, all though it was pretty vague. I went to play group and found new parks that I didn't know about. I also learned to manage two kids instead of just one. I learned to follow basic sewing instructions and learned how to sew a new kind of blanket. Lots more too.
  6. Be ready for the day by 9 am everyday. This one bombed pretty fast unless you count being in workout clothes. Even then pregnancy pretty much wiped this one out.

Even though I may not have achieved my goals this year I am glad that I made them. I improved in each category and just because I was not perfect at it I did not give up on them. And that is important to me.

This year I resolved too:

  1. Study the book of Alma and Mathew 35
  2. Go to Sea World
  3. Run atleast 2 races, one 10 k
  4. Memorize one new thing (The Stake Primary Presidency challenged the primary to memorize Alma 31:20 this year)
  5. Workout with my family every week.
  6. Complete 2 service projects, atleast one for the community.

The Stake also asked us to work on these things this year:

  1. Read the scriptures daily
  2. Seeking the Lord in prayer daily
  3. Obtaining a current temple recommend and using it regularly
  4. Searching for opportunities to share the gospel with others
  5. Earnestly seeking the companionship of the Holy Ghost
  6. Exercising faith to change and become more like Christ

1 comment:

Queen Mum said...

You have quite a list--very ambitious! Good luck!