Monday, January 5, 2009

The Jiggle Butt Run

So I decided to go ahead and run the Jiggle Butt. To be honest I was NOT looking forward to it. I felt that I was too out of shape and slow to really have fun. But Becca said she would run it with me. I really like going to races with her because she always does really well and I can live vicariously through her. So I commited to going. We got there and I started to get really excited. I can hardly help it once I am there. I really love the race atmosphere. We all lined up and then the little horn went off. I began to 'run'. My goal for the race was really wimpy. I expected to run slow and stop a lot. Surprisingly I felt really good once I began to run. I really enjoy running in a big group. I settled toward then end of the runners. I walked a little bit but not as much as what I thought I would. I ended up sprinting in about 5 minutes ahead of what I expected. Becca finished 6/600 women. Pretty good. This was not a chip timed event so I don't know my official time or place which made it a little more enjoyable for me. I really like going to an all women event. It was fun. I would like to do this race again next year.

No comments: