Friday, May 30, 2008

Update

Abby and I spent Memorial Weekend just where I wanted to be-at the pool. It was busy but fun was still had by us. Adam came with on Monday which was nice because I had a raging headache. Then we went to a BBQ at the Steers for what felt like just a moment because Adam wanted to get home and study for the MCAT, plus there was school the next day for young children.
So yep Adam took the MCAT on Tuesday. I'm really glad its over. So far he has only spent a little bit of Wednesday night at home and he just told me that he has to work tomorrow since he had Monday and Tuesday off. The other nights he spent at church. But it feels good that I can anticipate him to be home a little more often. Maybe. Or at least be a little less stressed. Maybe. He gets his scores in a month.
Abby is still wild. I've tried a lot of things to try and calm her down. Soothing music, telling her good things about her self, rewards for good behavior. Its come down to time out and losing privileges though. Time out has ended up being me holding her in time out. Every time. I just want the ear piercing screams at random to stop. If I could anticipate it that would be nice. It just seems like she is constantly destroying. I don't like it. Life is better when we are all happy and nice.
This week I hit 20 weeks. This pregnancy has been a lot different than with Abby. I had to buy maternity clothes this week. And wear them. I realized that I hate maternity clothes. I have a list of reasons why. 1)I can never tell if they fit or if they will continue to fit 2)Theoretically I will not be wearing them enough to justify spending enough money to buy the cuter nicer more expensive clothes that I like 3)They all make me look pregnant 4)They all come down to far in the front forcing me to wear 2 shirts when I am already hot plus its summer so I am even hotter 5)Everything is based on a tent, and it reminded me that I will be as big as the tent that I am wearing. There is more but you get the idea. I am still exercising. It is a solace but getting a little harder. I use a belly band when I run and that helps. For the last week my legs have been really sore even though I haven't increased my running or weights. I realized yesterday that it was because of the weight that I have gained. So I'll just stick it out. My goal is to workout 60 more times before I have the baby. We'll see how that goes. I have read a lot of stuff that says that it is worse to stop working out while you are pregnant than to never work out at all. Especially to stop working out toward the middle to end part or your pregnancy. So I feel pretty committed.
This little boy isn't nearly as active as Abigail was. Sometimes I am a little concerned because Abby constantly moved. I think also I don't have the same amount of time as I did with Abby to sit down and really concentrate or be still. I just feel like he is more mellow in general. I could be wrong or maybe just hopeful but I think that he will be more mild than Abby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, Theron has been a little terror lately, too. Yesterday he spray painted his tummy and the piano bench black. Today he sprayed various types of weed-killer on me and himself while I was dragging dialysate boxes into the garage. Maybe now my leg hair will stop growing and I won't have to shave anymore. Leg hair is of the same genus as weeds, right? Enjoyed having you for that moment on Monday, even though I really didn't feel like we spent any time together. Glad the pool is open even though I can't afford the gas to get there.

S said...

Maternity tents are better than trying to squeeze into your regular clothes. I saw at Motherhood Maternity that they had inserts you can use on your regular jeans. They make up the space where you can't zip up the pants. That was kinda interesting. I hate the under the belly pants and the mid-belly pants. They fall too much.

pappasan said...

Maybe Abby is bored, or not being challanged enough. I know when Chance started kindergarden, I told his teacher she would need to challange him, or he was going to be a handful. She didn't and he was there for awhile. I see it more with Abby and all her relatives, they are all so smart that when it is learned they get bored with it easily. To this day I am the same way, especially at work. If it becomes second nature, I get bored with it and want to learn something new.